Spring Is Just Around the Corner - Plan Your Roof Inspection Today
If you’re tired of the cold and the snow, imagine how your roof feels. It might be getting tired too. Keep in mind that snow can weigh anywhere from 5 to 25 pounds per cubic foot. That’s a lot of weight on your roof. Once it begins to melt, water can infiltrate cracks and crevices, creating water damage. It’s a good idea to check your roof for damage. Here are 5 roof inspection signs you can look for inside your home to see if winter has taken a greater toll on your home’s roof than you thought.
1. Decking between the rafters is sagging.
2. Light is visible through the roof.
3. There are dark spots in the wood in the attic.
4. Are any dark spots on wood new?
5. Sagging ceilings and visible water stains.
If you do see any of these signs, it can be difficult to tell if your home’s roof needs to be repaired or replaced. You may need a professional inspection. Learn more about our free and complete roofing inspection services here.