Your master bedroom is more than just a place to sleep. It’s a retreat from the busyness of life. Create a sitting room in your master suite where you can relax. Here’s a handful of ideas on how to make your master bedroom space more welcoming and relaxing with a room addition or home remodel.
- Place a recliner beside an end table and a reading lamp near a window with a view where you can sip a cup of hot tea and enjoy your favorite e-book or read a magazine.
- Take advantage of the warmth of a fireplace. Add a cozy chair and an ottoman so you can curl up by the fire and relax.
- Enjoy your bay window with a sofa or two matching chairs and a small table. This is ideal for watching TV or sitting with your favorite person and catching up on the events of the day.
- Use bright colors and textured materials to create an area that stands out from the rest of the room.
- Put built-in bench seating along the wall or in an alcove. Slip in some hidden storage space underneath with pull-out drawers or cabinets.
Take your master bedroom to the next level with a sitting room. Make it a place where you can relax and appreciate some quiet time.