This project was a renovation of 607 sq.ft. Brownstone condo within the original footprint in Boston including Kitchen, Master Bedroom, Master bath and flooring throughout including the Living Room.
The client’s goals were to:
- Improve the flow of traffic in the small condo from front to back and provide better access to the beautiful patio off the bedroom in the back as she entertains frequently
- Ensure clean lines and clear sight lines through the space
- Maximize storage (due to both the small square footage and that it is a brownstone unit with no attic or basement)
- Maximize natural light in the condo
- Update the condo to a modern, sophisticated space
Kitchen After -Fully integrated appliances and cabinetry with custom waterfall island
The kitchen peninsula and a wall that closed in the bedroom was removed and replaced with a large island, and a large glass triple panel sliding door was installed between the kitchen and the bedroom. These changes improved traffic flow and sight lines. To maximize storage, floor to ceiling kitchen cabinets and a custom waterfall island were installed. In the bathroom, storage was added over and under the new 4’ vanity and over the tub. The kitchen features fully integrated appliances and cabinetry. The fixtures and finishes were carefully selected to convey a warm, yet modern feeling. Bleached woods and white matte finishes were used throughout; with the dark hardwood flooring providing the warmth and texture.
If you are interested in learning more about remodeling your home, click to download your copy of 15 Questions to Ask Before you Remodel.